Kids Cats & Knitted Hats

This is my little spot to share the things I'm learning to do with my knitting looms.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Anchor Pocket Prayer Cloth

I've been playing around with a pattern for an anchor pocket prayer cloth, and this is what I finally came up with:

This one was made on my dish cloth rake which has about a 3/8" gauge. It came out a little on the large size, so I tried it on my DA fine gauge AJAL (using only one side) and here's how it came out:

Here's a side-by-side view so you can compare the difference:

Anyway, if you'd like to make the anchor prayer cloth, you can download the pattern here. I'll also post it below in case the link doesn't work.

Anchor Pocket Prayer Cloth

Can be made on a small or fine gauge loom.

Cast on 16 stitches. I use the long tail or cable cast on.

Row 1: Purl

Row 2: Knit

Row 3: Purl

Row 4: Knit

Row 5: p2, k12, p2

Row 6: Knit

Row 7: p2, k5, p2, k5, p2

Row 8: Knit

Row 9: p2, k4, p4, k4, p2

Row 10: Knit

Row 11: p2, k2, p2, k1, p2, k1, p2, k2, p2

Row 12: Knit

Row 13: p2, k1, p3, k1, p2, k1, p3, k1, p2

Row 14: Knit

Row 15: p2, k5, p2, k5, p2

Row 16: Knit

Row 17: p2, k5, p2, k5, p2

Row 18: Knit

Row 19: p2, k5, p2, k5, p2

Row 20: Knit

Row 21: p2, k5, p2, k5, p2

Row 22: Knit

Row 23: p2, k5, p2, k5, p2

Row 24: Knit

Row 25: p2, k5, p2, k5, p2

Row 26: Knit

Row 27: p2, k5, p2, k5, p2

Row 28: Knit

Row 29: p2, k3, p6, k3, p2

Row 30: Knit

Row 31: p2, k3, p6, k3, p2

Row 32: Knit

Row 33: p2, k3, p5, k3, p2

Row 34: Knit

Row 35: p2, k12, p2

Row 36: Knit

Row 37: Purl

Row 38: Knit

Row 39: Purl

Bind off and weave in ends.

This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast, and which enters the Presence behind the veil. . . Hebrews 6:19

One of my favorite groups now is the Prayer Cloth Ministry group. If you're interested in making prayer cloths and sending them to the troops, join the group and get started! :)

God Bless,
Lisa

2 Comments:

  • At 9:23 PM, Blogger TXDidi said…

    Hi Lisa,
    I really like the anchor prayer cloth. Being retired Navy, that anchor has a special meaning to me, both as a Christian and as a sailor. I also enjoyed looking at your loom links. I'm head of the knitting ministry at our church. Do you find that you can make up hats using the looms faster than by regular knitting? We've donated hats to a local oncology center and I'm all for finding ways to make them up quicker.

     
  • At 7:34 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Oooh, I hope you come back to read this, and I hope you email me! I'd love to exchange knitting group ideas! All of the ladies in the group except one are knitting hats on the loom (the one needle knitter is doing prayer shawls), so I can't really compare the time difference. They do knit up pretty quickly, depending on the loom and yarn used. On the green loom and two strands of worsted, I can do a hat in 2-3 hours. On a smaller gauge loom it takes a bit longer. We meet for 2 hours each week, and so far we have about 70 hats and 30 scarves ready for fall; there are only 7 of us working on them, so not bad! Email me and we'll chat! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home