Kids Cats & Knitted Hats

This is my little spot to share the things I'm learning to do with my knitting looms.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Loving my New Looms!

I received a great surprise Monday -- my DA looms arrived! I received the 12" fine gauge AJAL and the new small gauge Wonderloom. I'm loving them!

I made a premie hat on each just to try them out.

The one I made on the Wonderloom didn't take long at all. I love this loom! It's so easy to adjust -- just slip off the elastic band, slide the spacer, slip the elastic back on and knit away. It's very lightweight and fits easily in my bag so I can take it anywhere. I LOVE it! My next project is a pair of baby booties.

The one I made on the AJAL took a little longer, but I love the tiny stitches. I used the basic e-wrap and 1 over 2. It takes a while to get used to those little cotter pins spaced so close together. I'm making a dishcloth on it now with lots of knits and purls, and I was surprised at how easy purling is with the space in the pins. I love it! One tip I'd offer anyone thinking about ordering a fine gauge loom is also ordering the wood tool. It works better than the purple KK tool and even the In the Attic tool (which is usually my favorite).

I'm still working on the afghans. Josh's is coming along very nicely. I'm getting ready to start the fifth stripe now. I can't wait to finish both of them so I can spend more time with some smaller projects without feeling like I'm supposed to be working on the big ones. Hmm, even my hobby can make me feel guilty. Not good! LOL

Thanks for reading!


4 Comments:

  • At 5:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cute little hats :).

     
  • At 1:10 PM, Blogger sarainitaly said…

    Can you tell me how many pegs you used to make the baby hat on the AJAL loom? I tried making an adult hat, and was so far off in my number of pegs. It was too big.

    I want the small guage loom now! :OD

     
  • At 1:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yay hats!

    You've inspired me with your newest creations- I especially love the ribbed blue one.

    I've been wanting the wonderloom- after seeing your review, I'm ordering it. I'm also getting the wood tool, as my fine gauge AJAL has been a bit discouraging with the KK and ITA tools.

    Thanks for the advice!

     
  • At 8:35 PM, Blogger PKLM said…

    I have a fine gauge wonderloom and was told to use 28 pegs to make a newborn hat -- well quickly found out that was too small so I used 40 and it was still to small. I was using a knit stitch with a chain cast on. How many pegs are you using for a fine gauge infant hat? Thanks you can email me at pastorkellymoore@bellsouth.net

     

Post a Comment

<< Home