Kids Cats & Knitted Hats

This is my little spot to share the things I'm learning to do with my knitting looms.

Monday, April 17, 2006

Happy Rainy Day! My Looms Came!!

Woooohooooo! Did you hear my cries of sheer glee when I heard the postman in my driveway today? I knew the truck in the driveway meant boxes on the porch for me. Here's what he left:

I calmed myself enough to stop squealing while I was on the front porch and brought the precious cargo into the house. Even though I knew what was inside, the anticipation was just delicious! I opened the box to find these treasures from Decor Accents:

Oooooh, aren't they beautiful?? Here's what that much anticipated box contained:

* Prayer shawl loom
* Youth size travel hat loom
* Fashion Scarf Board - Regular Gauge
* Fashion Scarf Board - Small Gauge
* Fashion Scarf Board - Fine Gauge
* 80" Infinity Rake - Small Gauge

Click the picture to see a closer view and labels for everything. I already have plans for each of them, and don't be surprised if they all have a project on them simultaneously. My loom addict buddies know what I'm talking about. That old rule "finish what you started before starting something new" doesn't apply in our world! We can never have enough yarn, enough looms or enough "works in progress!"

My hubby came home from work just as I was snapping this picture:

He informed me that he was really glad the looms had come in because I've been rather "crabby" at lunchtime lately. Each day the postman would break my heart by driving by without leaving this beloved box. I really think he's been driving around with it in his truck for a week but just wanted me to suffer. Hmmmf.

My hubby is the BEST. I had placed my order with DA, and he called them and added the 80" rake. He's very supportive and encouraging with this new hobby of mine (as he is with everything else). I think I'll keep him around.

I went by the Dollar Tree to pick up candy for the boys' Easter baskets (one never gets too old for chocolate, you know), and guess what I found there? YARN! Here's the stash I picked up there:

$1 per skein - not bad at all! I picked up "a few" more elastic pony tail holders to make scrunchies. I think I'm set for a while with those!

I got several skeins of Bernat Frenzy to use for hats and scarves. The jury is still out, but I think I'll like it. I'm working on a hat right now on the green KK using a 1 over 2 stitch; I've almost used a whole skein of yarn and the hat is only about half finished. However, it does feel very soft and lightweight.

I wasn't sure about the Patons Evita, but I picked up some just to see what I could do with it. You know those cute crochet belts that seem to be popular right now? Well, I made one of those on the red KK loom:


I cast on eight pegs and wrapped back and forth on those eight pegs, using the first and last pegs as turning pegs. I just wrapped and knitted off until it was the length I wanted and then cast off with the crochet chain method. This one is a little less than five feet in length. I guess you could wear it as a sash and just tie it around the waist, or it would also look cute with a buckle of some sort.

Well, that's it for now. We're heading to a movie when the hubby gets off work; we're going to see Scary Movie 4. I hope it's as funny as the third one was!

Happy Looming!

4 Comments:

  • At 9:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    AAAAhhh, look at all those lovely looms...enjoy them!!

    ;)

     
  • At 1:27 AM, Blogger linda: off the loom said…

    Oooooh, I love all these beautiful looms. Okay, it's a sin to lust. Ha!
    I can't believe you found Bernat yarn at a dollar store. Wow, I wish I could find yarn for a $1 a skein. Good for you.

    Off the Loom

     
  • At 6:36 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    So we're did you buy your looms.

     
  • At 10:22 PM, Blogger Bonnie said…

    Do you by any chance have any Da Looms you are willing to get rid of!? If so you can email me at:
    bonnievisser@yahoo.com
    Thanks for your time!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home