Kids Cats & Knitted Hats

This is my little spot to share the things I'm learning to do with my knitting looms.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Kitties Everywhere

My furbabies just love to help me knit. Here are just a few pictures I couldn't resist sharing.

This is Whiskers - our "full-figured" feline. She's lying beside one of the hats-in-progress that I'm working on for the girls in my church.


Here she is again later, after the hat was finished. I had set a completed scarf and the hat down at the end of the air mattress, and naturally she assumed they were meant for her. Look closely - she's right on top of them - the scarf is her bed and the hat is her pillow.

Why on earth did I have an air mattress in the middle of my living room? My family has been blessed with a rare situation. My husband's best friend is married to my best friend, and their kids and our kids are close as well. Their older son and my younger son are like brothers. We've only known each other for 8 years, but it truly feels like we've been lifelong friends. We met in Sunday School class and started hanging out. Now we are family more than friends. I say it's a rare situation because usually either the husbands or wives are friends and the other spouses are acquaintences. We really believe God brought us all together.

Back to the air mattress. My best friend is undergoing treatment for cancer, and when she went to North Carolina for surgery last week, her kids came to stay with us. We have three bedrooms, so we rolled out the air mattress to make room for everyone. It was a bit too cold to put it in the family room in the basement, so we kept it in the family room on our main level and my husband and I slept on it (so of course that's where the cats ended up). While you're reading this, please say a prayer for my friend. She's such a strong person, and she and her husband have amazing faith. We know she'll be fine, but she and her family are traveling a tough road right now.

My friend's daughter took this picture of Bud. Poor thing. She and my older son caught him sound asleep and placed a hat on his head. He didn't even acknowledge them except for giving them a drowsy one-eyed glance.


Bud's a really sound sleeper. Just look:

We have one more cat - Begonia, our prim and proper little lady. We haven't caught her on camera lately, but we'll work on it.

Meanwhile, I'm still working on those hats and scarves for the girls in our church. I'll post pictures as soon as I can.

Thanks for reading -- knit on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home