Kids Cats & Knitted Hats

This is my little spot to share the things I'm learning to do with my knitting looms.

Friday, February 17, 2006

Almost finished!

I'm almost finished with my Semaphore scarf -- I love it! I just have to figure out how to make those pesky little ends quit peeking out. All I need to do now is add the fringes and then I can wear it.


I finally tried the Mock Crochet Stitch -- it's so easy and looks so great! So I sat down and made a hat using this stitch. I love the way it looks, and it's very lightweight.

It was really easy to do. I started with the crochet cast on method and then did two rows of K1P1. Then I started with the mock crochet stitch - I didn't count the rows but I went for about 7 inches. For the last few rows I just did the e-wrap and gathered it off. It didn't take any time at all.

My son's basketball team uses UNC Tarheels colors and I've been trying to find a "Carolina Blue" colored yarn. What a hard color to match! Anyway, I made him a hat and his teammates really liked it, so now I'm working on hats for some of the guys who wanted them. My son's has a brim, but the ones I'm working on now will have no brim. I've found that using the cable cast on method and doing one or two rows of K1P1 gives the hat a nice flat hem with no curl. Here's one I've finished:


These are my son's and my hubby's hats (hubby coaches the team).


The kids have early dismissal from school today, so it's time for mom to get upstairs and get some things done before they get home. I'm hoping for some quality knitting time tonight while they and the hubby are gone to the youth lock in at our church this evening. Woohoo!

4 Comments:

  • At 12:21 PM, Blogger Deb said…

    I love your mock crochet hat! It turned out great!!!! I'm working on the Sierra Flames scarf, and an afghan on the 60". (plus a doily, I got too much goin' on)

     
  • At 12:35 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Ooooh, Debi, do you have the infinity loom? I want one of those, and an AJAL loom too. Let me know how your Sierra Flame comes out -- I'm thinking about purchasing that pattern myself!

     
  • At 1:58 AM, Blogger linda: off the loom said…

    I LOVE this mock crochet hat. You are amazing with all these hats,
    scarves, and afghans you have completed. I really want to try this hat soon. I bought the yarn for it already. First I have to figure out what I'm going to do with all this green yarn I bought the other day. I want to surprise the teacher I work with and make us both some skinny scarves with fun fur included.
    I have the purple loom, but just can't get it out yet. I feel like I'm in such a hurry with work and everything else, that I can't try and figure out this new rake to try and make the scarves. Also, I really like the edge you got on that mock crochet scarf. How did you do it? Your blog is wonderful. Great photos.

    Linda P.

     
  • At 10:11 AM, Blogger hunnypoo said…

    i am trying to find patterns can u help u have lovely crafts

     

Post a Comment

<< Home