Kids Cats & Knitted Hats

This is my little spot to share the things I'm learning to do with my knitting looms.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

It's Finished! It's Finished!!

I finished my first afghan this evening! Yippeeeee! I thought I had one more skein of Homespun to add, but hubby said it was long enough. As soon as I got it off the loom he snuggled up under it (while talking on the phone of all things). It seems much wider than the 48" I was expecting. I'll grab the measuring tape and measure it as soon as I can get it away from the hubster.

Just to recap -- the afghan was made on the Decor Accents 48" Infinity Board with just a little bit less than eight skeins of Lion Brand Homespun (I believe the colors were Fawn, Harvest and Ranch). I used the Lucet cast on method and the zig zag or fashion stitch as described in the KK II Pamphlet. When it was the length we wanted, I took it off with the crochet chain method. Is that what it's called?

What's to love about the 20" AJAL from Decor Accents? Well, I was doing the Month of Spring Knit Along and had the first six rows of the yellow dishcloth finished - one more row and it would be all done, but it wasn't due to be posted until the next day. We had a basketball tournament on Saturday afternoon, and I wanted to take along something to knit. So I grabbed my AJAL and another ball of cotton yarn and started the KAL again on the other side of the board. How cool is that?

If you click on the photo you can make out the flower pattern. I have used one of the dishcloths and washed it already, so the stitches are tighter, showing off the pattern much more clearly. I know it's crazy, but I just love using those little cotton squares. I want to fill up my dishcloth drawer with them!

Now it's off to bed, and then tomorrow I'll be stalking the postman again. I'm waiting for my new DA looms which should be in any day now, or so I think. Hubby received the email saying they had been shipped, but he can't remember when they shipped or how they're even getting here. Okay, he's not the greatest secretary, but he's cute and he can reach the top shelves so I keep him around.

Thanks for reading. Happy looming!

6 Comments:

  • At 8:45 AM, Blogger Sorka said…

    oooh the dischloths turned out!!
    They look good!
    Yeah!!
    Hey you should email me some pics for my reader gallery!!

    Denise
    knitchat.com

     
  • At 8:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I absolutely LOVE the afghan...it is georgeous! I'm going to try and start mine this weekend. Thanks for all your help. ALSO, I'm looking for some knit-alongs. If you have any suggestions as to any that I could check out, PLEASE let me know!

    Again, you did GREAT on your afghan!

    Dixie--Indiana

     
  • At 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Everything looks gorgeous! Your hubby looks so happy with the afghan. You are definitely a speedy loomer. Look at those cute and colorful dishcloths. I love it all! Any chance of sharing pictures for the DA website gallery? Everything is gorgeous!

     
  • At 2:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've been wanting to make some dishcloths for a family member who is getting married and I have yet to find any patterns for loom!! Any tips you can give me to help me on my way???

    crochet_grl@yahoo.com

     
  • At 12:43 PM, Blogger Deb said…

    Gorgeous afghan!!!!
    I really need to do some dishcloths. I have some that are crocheted, and I love 'em! Need to try some on the looms ;-)

     
  • At 2:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi,
    I just love the afghan and dishclothes. I didn't know how to make one but saw where you used the 48" loom. Will have to buy one now that I see how great yours turned out. If you have a pattern for the disclothes, I would like to know. Thanks
    tdturtle@bellsouth.net

     

Post a Comment

<< Home