Kids Cats & Knitted Hats

This is my little spot to share the things I'm learning to do with my knitting looms.

Monday, May 29, 2006

"Zig Zag" Pattern Hat

I'm having fun with the new book I purchased recently, The Knitting Stitch Bible. I can't remember who it was or from which yahoo loom knitting group, but someone recommended this book a couple of weeks ago. It's so easy to use the stitch patterns on the looms because they are all represented on charts.

Here is a hat I made using the "Zig Zag" stitch pattern on 60 pegs of the Wonderloom. It's just a series of knit and purl stitches to make the design.

I started with the cable cast on and did a rib "brim" (K1 P1). I did a row of knit and then started with the zig zag pattern. I think I did 5 repeats of the 8-row pattern. Then I did another knit row and used the gather bind off method to finish the hat.

I don't think I can share the specific stitch pattern since it came from the book. I'm playing around with another pattern right now on a hat that is about half finished. I love the way it's looking. I'll post a photo when it's done.

I found The Knitting Stitch Bible at Amazon.com for less than $10. It was worth the money in my opinion.

Okay, I'm off to make dinner. The FlyLady has kicked my rear today, but boy is my house looking good! :)

1 Comments:

  • At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That looks awesome!!! I love the Stitch Bible...great little book :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home